Dec 4, 2013

I guess the real point of this column

I am horrible at picking games.
I went 0-3 for the Thanksgiving slate of games.

Typically, when I'm terrible at something, I quit. And believe me, I want to quit picking games. It's not fun to stink at something so publicly.

But, quitting is a weak, weenie way out. The real solution to this problem is to study harder, watch more games, think more clearly, and just generally try harder.

But, my goodness does that sound like work.

So, instead, I'm going to go with plan B: I will continue picking games the way I've been picking them and just hope for the best.

You may say to yourself, Haven't you been hoping for the best all along?

To that, I say, Yes! Yes, I have been hoping for the best all along. But now I'm going to hope even harder for the best.

Some people might say hoping is not a strategy. To those people, I say, let's find out.

Also, the point of this column isn't to be right or wrong about games.

It's about being entertaining and having fun.

Of course, there's no fun in losing. I guess the real point of this column is to get the picks right and have fun entertaining you folks while posting a winning record.


No comments:

Post a Comment